Welcome to Katie Parrish Photography


I'm an on-location photographer specializing in family and child photography. I believe the atmosphere should be light-hearted, fun, and energetic in order to ensure my subjects are at complete ease.

What you should not expect is your normal, run-of-the-mill studio photo shoot. I enjoy shooting wherever you feel most comfortable. I believe a picture should be authentic. I adore the way natural light illuminates a portrait and I strive to incorporate it in every shot. I'm forever chasing "the moment" because I believe every picture should tell a story.....and these are the stories I capture.




"A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective".

~ Irving Penn